Lockdown Interviews: Challenges for Interviewer and Candidate
We are going to share you with the major challenges faced during pandemic on face to face interview and digital interviews, look up on how many people are ready for face to face interview after covid or still looking for digital interviews.
We will start up first with how to attend prepare yourself interview;
- Be professional and well groomed because first impression is always the last impression.
- Switch off your mobile or make it silent before entering the room.
- Don’t forget to greet the interviewer.
- Be confident enough on your answers.
- Always be polite and simple.
- Try not to lie ,be honest.
- Trust yourself.
- Have a sweet smile always.
Basic tips for the interviewer;
- Introduce yourself and interview panel.
- Welcome the candidate with a sweet smile on your face for making him/her comfortable.
- Briefly describe your role and why you are hiring?
- Go through Candidates’s resume before interviewing him.
- Don’t forget to keep your cell phone in silent.
- Pose your questions in a friendly manner and encourage clear communication.
- Always ask questions related to the topic and candidate’s career.
- Don’t ask silly questions.
- Be a good negotiator for compensation.
- Always get back to the unsuccessful candidate through any source for thanking them for their interest and time.
- Have Patience and control anger.
- Last but not the least you should be good at accessing the candidate.
HOW INTERVIEWS USE TO BE BEFORE COVID
Interviews before covid was very simple and normal, there were many types of interview which was taking place , few are listed below:
FACE TO FACE
INTERVIEWS DURING COVID
It was challenging during covid for taking interviews because there was only one option which is digital (VIDEO CALL OR SKYPE OR TELEPHONIC). When it comes to software we had a problem for technical round ,written test .It was also very difficult when it comes to salary negotiation .Below are the following challenges faced during covid;
During skype interview candidates were not comfortable because the seriousness was not seen. Even after few minutes we had problem of internet and also we were not much comfortable discussing compensation through skype.
Even during telephonic round it was difficult to judge the candidate depending upon their voice, we don’t know whether the actual candidate was answering or some one else in his place. We cannot trust unknown person whom we haven’t even met. Still we had one more option of assessing the candidate through asking few technical questions in call and same we had repeated in skype or any other video call interview. Some how it was going on but still the clarity was not up to mark from interviewer side.
TECHNICAL(TEST)ROUND FOR SOFTWARE;
As a part of our interview process we generally use to have technical round for any software related openings, during covid this was very challenging to assess the candidate with technical test. During covid we tried to check candidate’s knowledge through asking question and telling them to answer in front of us which was actually not that accurate but still something was better then nothing.
Finally i want to conclude this by stating that still covid is not gone and businesses are back to normal. We have tried all possible ways for maintaining social distancing, still we are facing challenges during interviews because few candidates are willing to come for F2F and few are not.
Challenges are a part of our life, if we learn to cope up with that then we will enjoy it. Make a wise choice.